Tuesday 3 November 2015

#2 Venus Run 2015


Venus Run 2015

This is one of the all ladies run held in Singapore. The race was held on 8 March which coincided with International Women's Day. That explains why it is called Venus Run. This is the second year I took part in the event. Last year, I had my best timing for a 5km from running in this event.
I woke up really early in the morning to catch the so-called 'first train'. Much to my dismay, it only arrived at 6am. Having to wait for it for almost half an hour was a torture. Information given on the transport website did not tally at all! Nonetheless, I arrived at Stadium MRT station before 6.45am. I was worried that the queue for the shutter bus would be long by then but thank goodness, there was no queue. The bus I boarded was empty. Great! After arrival, I followed the crowd to walk to the start line. I was feeling really tired and sleepy with all the waiting. Finally, the run was about to begin. Somehow, the atmosphere before the start of the run this year was not as energized as last year's.

The gei-gei determined look!

Using the C25K programme, I paced myself for the run. I vowed to run all the way up the curve at the Marina Barrage. I made it three quarters of the way. Not too bad! Stitches came and I did not manage to keep up with the programme. It was a walk-jog affair towards the finish line and eventually, I crossed it.


I grabbed a can of drink and tried to find out where to collect the medal. The queue for it was rather confusing and disorganized. After receiving it, I went back to try to grab another can but they had run out of drink. I tried walking around, looking for hydration point and someone called out to me. It was nice seeing a familiar face among the crowd.

Aiyaa!!! Why that person must walk past???!!!

It was time to go home but not before taking a wonderful shot of the medal.


Best shot of a running medal so far

I waited in anticipation for the results to be released as I know based on Runkeeper, my timing was not too bad.  True enough, my timing was a few seconds better than last year's and my best record for a 5km run so far. My pain and sweat paid off. Now, I am looking forward to my third running event.

No comments:

Post a Comment