Tuesday 3 November 2015

#1 Safari Zoo Run 2015


Safari Zoo Run 2015

This is my third year taking part in the 6km fun run, obviously going for the cutest medal. On 8 February, after doing a month of re-training using the C25K program, I faced my first running event in 2015. I was filled with anxiety, unsure whether I will be able to make it through the 6km. At that point of time, I was only into my week 4 of training and I was unable to cover a full 5km yet. I made the decision to use the latest training day of the program to guide me through the 6km.
I reached the venue early to take in all the excitement. The line-up to get into the run pen was confusing and congested. I could not remember whether it was the same situation the year before but I stood under the sun for quite awhile, suffocating too as everyone wanted to enter the pen eagerly. As usual, bottleneck at the start of the run. It did not pose as a problem as I used it as warm-up. Slowly, the run started. As usual, people will stop at the different sections of the zoo to take photographs with the animals. I, continued with my run. It was actually quite a comfortable run, following the program. I made it to the finish line under an hour. Not too bad! My confidence in running better grew. With that, I look forward to my next running event.


No comments:

Post a Comment