Saturday 7 November 2015

Formosa Chang / Hu Xu Zhang Lu Rou Fan 鬍鬚張魯肉飯

A franchise well-known for their braised pork rice (滷肉飯). It was not my intention to visit the restaurant initially as with most franchise, the food will no longer be up to standard. However, several blogs mentioned there are also tonic soup and pig trotters (猪脚) thus I decided to give it a try.


Searching Google Map, there were about 18 outlets in Taipei. Most bloggers recommend going for the one near Wufenpu (五分埔)  so that one can eat at the restaurant and shop around Wufenpu later. I took the metro to Houshanpi Station (後山埤站) came out from exit 4. Some blogs might recommend exit 3 but you do not have to wait for the traffic light to cross the road if you were to use exit 4. 


From exit 4, you should be able to see exit 3 (below) across the road. 


Coming out from exit 4, do a right turn and you should be able to see this sign pointing towards Wufenpu Commercial District. 



Just follow the direction of the sign and walk straight along Yongji Road until you come to the intersection below. Turn to your right and the restaurant is just beside you. I almost missed it and was tempted to cross the road. 



I was ushered to my seat once I entered the restaurant. Thankfully, it was not crowded. The order pad was on the table. I roughly looked through it because I knew what I wanted. The waiter came round to tick my order on the form. 


As usual, the food came pretty fast. 


I ordered their signature braised pork rice. They have different bowl sizes for this so just take note. I also ordered a plate of pig trotters and one of their tonic soup, Si Shen Tang (四神汤). I wanted to order their vegetables, kangkung (烫青菜) but they were sold out. 

Braised Pork Rice

Hot tonic soup on a rainy afternoon 

Pig trotters


Sinfully good
I was quite satisfied with the food overall, especially the pig trotters. Probably because I have not eaten it for a long, long time and I have not been drinking nice and good tonic soup since my grandmother passed away.  The pictures below show how the restaurant looks like from across the road.



The name card for this outlet only 
The map below is from blogger, Cavin. The exit he indicated in red is exit 3. Looking closely, exit 4 is just across the road, near the first yellow arrow.

http://cavinteo.blogspot.sg/2014/04/formosa-chang-lu-rou-fan-also-known-as.html

Eatery: Formosa Chang / Hu Xu Zhang Lu Rou Fan 鬍鬚張魯肉飯

Address: No. 533, Yongji Road, Nangang District, Taipei City, Taiwan 115
                  (台北市永吉路533號)

Contact:  (02)2788-8081

Operating Hours:  Mondays - Sundays (10 00 – 24 00)
                                                         
Nearest Metro line: Houshanpi (blue line (5))

Website: http://www.fmsc.com.tw/ (in Chinese)

List of other outlets: Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment