Wednesday 4 February 2015

Mug Quiche


Mug Quiche
 
I was sceptical to try out this recipe at first. What? Putting a mug into the microwave oven and heating it up? What if it explodes? I decided to try surfing a few more websites on this to prove the reliability and finally, I am quite convinced it is safe. After all, I did see people putting mugs into the microwave oven to cook instant noodles. I have most of the ingredients and decided to give it a go. I made some adjustment to the original recipe as usual.
 
Ingredients you need:
 
1. 1 egg
 
2. 1 1/2 tablespoons of milk (I used HL)
 
3. 1 piece of Mission wrap (I have no bread)
 
4. 2 teaspoons of butter (My cream cheese turned mouldy so I tried with butter)
 
5. Parmesan cheese
 
6. 1 slice of turkey ( I have no ham)
 
7. Ground black pepper
 
8. Sea salt (You may use the usual salt)
 
9. Oregano leaves
 
Steps to cook:
 
1. Break the egg into a mug. You may use any mug you have. Add in the milk.
    Beat the egg and milk together with a fork.

2. Add a dash of black pepper. You may add more if you want. Add a pinch of salt.
    It is not advisable to add too much as the turkey slice is already salty.
    Beat with the egg and milk mixture.

3. Add in the butter and Parmesan cheese. Beat everything together.
    Make sure the butter and cheese melt.

4. Tear the piece of Mission wrap into dime-size pieces and put into the mixture.
    Stir the mixture, making sure the wrap is soaked in the mixture.

5. Tear or cut the turkey slices into small pieces and add into the mixture. Stir well.
    This is ensure the whole quiche is filled with the turkey bits instead of only the top.

6. Do a final press with the fork to make sure all the ingredients are soaked.

7. Sprinkle Oregano leaves on top. I added some more cheese on top.

8. Put it into the microwave oven and cook on high for about 70-75 seconds.

This is where I faced problem. I do not have the adjustment of heat on my microwave oven so I did my own timing. I microwaved it for 70 seconds. Then put it to quick cook for 30 seconds.

When I took it out, I was over the moon to see the results. Finally, I made something without the use of an oven, a kitchen equipment which I longed for to bake. I have never tried a quiche before so I am not so sure how close mine is to the authentic one. What I can tell you is it tasted delicious to me except slightly dry. After this first try, I am ready for my second!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment