Saturday 7 February 2015

Mug Quiche (2nd attempt)

Mug Quiche (2nd attempt)

I made the promise to go for a second mug quiche and here it is! This is my second attempt to make a mug quiche. I made some adjustment to the ingredients used previously.

Here is the link to the first attempt:
 

Ingredients you need:
 
1. 1 egg
 
2. 1 1/2 tablespoons of milk (I used HL)
 
3. 1 piece of wholemeal bread (I removed the bread crust)
 
4. 2 teaspoons cream cheese
 
5. Parmesan cheese
 
6. 1 slice of turkey ( I have no ham)
 
7. Ground black pepper
 
8. Sea salt (You may use the usual salt)
 
9. Oregano leaves


Ingredients
 
 
Steps to cook:
 
1. Break the egg into a mug. You may use any mug you have. Add in the milk.
    Beat the egg and milk together with a fork.

2. Add a dash of black pepper. You may add more if you want. Add a pinch of salt.
    It is not advisable to add too much as the turkey slice is already salty.
    Beat with the egg and milk mixture.

3. Add in the cream cheese. Beat everything together. Make sure the cream cheese melt.
    You may want to take it out of the refrigerator before hand for it to soften.

4. Tear the piece of bread into dime-size pieces and put into the mixture.
    Stir the mixture, making sure the bread is soaked in the mixture.

5. Tear or cut the turkey slices into small pieces and add into the mixture. Stir well.
    This is ensure the whole quiche is filled with the turkey bits instead of only the top.

6. Do a final press with the fork to make sure all the ingredients are soaked. This step is
    important to make sure the bread is soaked.

7. Add some parmesan cheese on top.

8. Finally, add in the oregano leaves.

9. Put it into the microwave oven and cook on high for about 70-75 seconds.

Like I mentioned previously, I have a microwave with simple functions. This time round, I microwaved it for 1 minute. Then I put it on quick cook for 30 seconds.

When I took it out, it was not as dry as the first attempt. This time round, I poured it out onto a plate to check on the product. It retained more moisture compared to the first one and tasted softer. Overall, I am quite happy with this second attempt. Delicious!

After that, I went to check online how a quiche looks like. The main difference would probably be the authentic one has a crust but the modified microwave version does not have one.
 
Lesson learnt:
 
1. Take out cream cheese earlier to wait for it to soften so that it will melt easily
    during mixing.
 
2. I had probably used too much wrap the first time so the quiche turned out pretty hard.
    Half a wrap would be good.
 
3. The final press is very important as you are making sure that the bread is totally
    soaked and not just on the surface. If it is not soaked thoroughly, it will taste dry.
   


     

No comments:

Post a Comment