Tuesday 3 November 2015

#5 Nila Run 2015

A new event created this year in conjunction with the SEA Games happening on homeground. I was in a dilemma - to take part or not to. Why? There was only one category. 10km. I have yet to perfect my pace and timing for my 5km and signing up for a 10km was going to kill me. At the same time, this event might not take place again. The final decision - just sign up and kick ass!

This was also the first time I paid for the shuttle bus transportation which was $6 and I had to get up really early to catch the bus at 4 a.m. 7th June. Everything went well. With my printed confirmation slip, I boarded the bus, reached the venue, walked to the start pen, waited for the elites to start their SEA Games marathon before our turn. 

The run started and I was comfortably jogging at my own sweet pace. There was a cut-off time at the 4km mark but I was confident that I would reach it well before that. Then it happened. Dark clouds formed and the sky looked ready to cry. It did drizzle before we started but that was that. I knew I was unable to complete the route before the downpour. True enough. It rained cats and dogs. People started to head for the shelter but I decided to carry on running. I was worried about my headset and handphone getting wet though. My shoes were soaking wet and that hindered my run.

The route was cut short so I did not actually completed a 10km but nonetheless, it was a good experience to be running in the rain. The spirit of not giving up. 

The Unbreakable

No comments:

Post a Comment