Thursday 5 November 2015

Modern Toilet Restaurant 便所主題餐廳

I remembered seeing this restaurant being introduced somewhere before. I wanted to try eating at the restaurant for uniqueness. I shall not go into details about the history of the restaurant for I will provide the link to the website later on. You can choose to read more about it from there. I finally got the chance to try out the food when I travelled to Taiwan in October. It was also my first official meal in Taiwan. How memorable is that!

I went there for a late lunch, hopefully the restaurant was not packed. I chose the branch at Ximending because it was supposed to be the largest in Taipei according to blogger Alec. I took the metro to Ximen Station and came out from exit 6. The place will be bustling with people as Ximending is popular with tourists and the young locals. The road on your left is Chengdu. You should see The Red House (西門紅樓) across that road. See picture below.


Leaving the exit, just cross that zebra crossing/traffic light and walk straight along Chengdu Road till you come to this intersection below. Do not cross. Turn right into Kunming Street and continue to walk straight.

Intersection of Chengdu Road and Kunming Street

Continue walking along Kunming Street. You will reach the intersection below. Turn right at this intersection. 


You will enter a small street. You should see the multi-storey carpark on your right. 


Continue to walk straight till you see 7-11.














Enter the alley on the left and you should see the restaurant on your left.


 

No one will be at the entrance but there is a menu for you to look through first. The restaurant is on the 2nd storey. Before you walk up, maybe you would like to take a few photographs with the display at the entrance. They change the display every once in awhile, I believe.



It was an eye-opener when I reached the 2nd storey. Things related to the toilet theme flooded the restaurant. From the seats, to the tables to the display, I was already looking forward to the food. I waited for awhile before I was ushered to my seat. The waiter explained a couple of things on the menu and I took my time to look through the food items.


The menu was customer-friendly. They had a whole menu on pictures of the food items so that you get the visual of the dishes. Even the menu was in the shape of Mr Poop.


Once I had decided what I wanted, I went to the counter, placed my order and made my payment. While waiting for my food, I went round the restaurant taking photographs.

The cashier


Items for sale






They were sitting on a huge toilet bowl




My food finally came. The presentation was also toilet-related. I shall not say much. Let the pictures speak for themselves.




After the mains, the dessert arrived.


It was indeed an enjoyable and authentic experience to dine at such a theme restaurant.As you walked down the stairs to leave, do listen for the toilet flush!




Eatery: Modern Toilet Restaurant 便所主題餐廳

Address: 2F, No. 7, Ln 50,  Xining South Road, Taipei City
                  (萬華區西寧南路50巷7號2樓)

Contact:  02-23118822

Operating Hours: Weekdays  (1130 – 2200)
                                 Holidays (1100 - 2200)
                             
Nearest Metro line: Ximen (blue line (5))

Website: http://www.moderntoilet.com.tw/

http://www.alectravelguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/location-map-toilet-restaurant.jpg





No comments:

Post a Comment