Sunday 8 November 2015

Hot-Star Large Fried Chicken / Hao Da Chicken Schnitzel 豪大大鸡排


This is another must try when one visits Taiwan. Famous for its plus size, this chicken schnitzel has caused a storm and it has already blown all the way to Singapore with 7 outlets. 

There is an outlet at Ximending (西門町) and two outlets at Shilin Night Market (士林夜市), one along the street while the other is at the basement food court. I tried the one at Ximending. Take the train to Ximen (西門) Station and come out from exit 6. Turn right and walk all the way straight. The signboard is very noticeable, skyblue and there will be a queue of course.


Once you have placed your order and make payment, you will be given a queue number. Just wait around the area. Once your food is ready, the staff will call out your number and you may proceed to collect your food. It was before peak hour so my waiting time was short. It was about ten minutes. Be prepared to wait up to 30 minutes if they get really busy.

I ordered a chicken schnitzel, of course. I saw something else on the menu that interest me so I ordered that too. This is how the chicken schnitzel looks like, sprinkled with salty and spicy powder. The bones are kept so be careful when you bite into it.


This chicken schnitzel is actually quite a big portion so if you intend to try other food after this, especially at the night markets, you might want to share it. Compare Hot-Star Large Fried Chicken (豪大大鸡排) with Ji Guang Xiang Xiang Ji (继光香香鸡) in my earlier post, I prefer the latter. The chicken bites are smaller and easier to eat. The meat is so much more tender and juicier. I even went back to Ji Guang on another day to purchase the large pack!

The other item that I ordered was the deep fried king oyster mushrooms (杏鲍菇), something I have not tasted before. I brought it back to the hotel so it had turned cold but the taste was not too bad.


Eatery: Hot-Star Large Fried Chicken / Hao Da Chicken Schnitzel 豪大大鸡排

Address: *I could not locate the address (the outlet in Ximending) on Google Map nor on  
                         their website. I will update if I have any information.

Contact:  Not applicable

Operating Hours:  Not applicable
                                                       
Nearest Metro line: Ximen (西門) (blue line (5))

Website: http://www.hotstar.com.tw/index.html (in Chinese)

No comments:

Post a Comment