Thursday 5 November 2015

Dong Fa Yin Shi Dian Oyster Mee Sua - - 東發飲食店蚵仔麵線

Mee Sua (麵線), also known as vermicelli, is commonly eaten in Taiwan. The more popular version will be oyster mee sua / oyster vermicelli (蚵仔麵線). I believe many tourists, Chinese especially (myself included) who do not speak Hokkien tend to pronounce it as 'Orh Ah Mee Sua'. Apparently, that is the wrong pronunciation. 'Orh Ah' actually means crow, something I learnt from this blogger, KampungboyCitygirl. The correct pronunciation should be 'Er Ah Mee Sua'. This I try to learn by heart but somehow, 'Orh Ah' will just come out naturally.

Coming back to food, tourists will flock to eat the popular Ay-Chung Flour-Rice Noodle / Ah Zhong Mee Sua (阿宗麵線) when they are in Taiwan. You will see long queues every day at each branch. People will just stand around outside the branch and feast. Although I have yet to try this famous mee sua, somehow I find that it is over-rated. For me, food tends to lose the original taste after 'branching' out. Furthermore, they add intestines instead of oysters. Hm...

During my research for food, I happened to read this blogger's post, recommending this mee sua eatery at Raohe Street. I decided to search for it since I was heading to Raohe Street Night Market anyway. It was not too difficult to find as long as you follow the direction of the human traffic of the Night Market.


Once you stepped inside, you will see the prep food section. The menu is on the wall. 
Three dishes - 蚵仔麵線(oyster mee sua), 肉羹(bouillon) & 油飯 (literally translated as oil rice)
If you would like to take a look at the bouillon, check out this blogger, Taiwan Explorer. It comes with pork dumplings and dry bamboo.


Place your order at the prep food section and you can pay at the same time. Then find a seat while you wait for your food. It did not take long as it was not crowded. By the way, I went there for dinner.

My oyster mee sua came, piping hot. I ate the mee sua. It had a good springy texture. Nice!


It also came with oysters, not intestines!


My first bowl of oyster mee sua and I still miss the taste. I wanted to try the bouillon but due to one thousand and one reasons, I did not manage to. I shall and must be back!


Eatery: Dong Fa Yin Shi Dian Oyster Mee Sua 東發飲食店蚵仔麵線

Address: No. 94, Raohe Street, Songshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 105
                  (台北市松山區饒河街94號(土地公廟旁))

Contact:  +886 2 2769 5739

Operating Hours:  (0830 – 2400) Closed on Public Holidays

Nearest Metro line: Songshan (green line (3))

No comments:

Post a Comment