Friday 6 March 2015

Stir-fry spinach with minced meat and egg

Stir-fry spinach with minced meat and egg

I saw this recipe online and realized the benefits of eating spinach. I went to NTUC and bought a whole bunch. It was like...a WHOLE bunch. I did not cook them immediately and thus, parts of the bunch started to spoil. Quite a waste but nonetheless, I cooked the rest.

Ingredients you need:

1. A bunch of spinach

2. A small bowl of minced meat

3. An egg

4. 2 chilli padi

5. Salt

6. Vinegar

Steps to cook:

1. Get rid of the roots. Break each branch into 3 parts. Wash them clean and set aside.

2. Marinate the minced meat with some Old Bay Seasoning and black pepper.

3. Cut the chilli padi into smaller pieces.

3. Heat up the wok and add the oil.

4. Add in the minced meat and stir-fry till about cooked. Place them on a plate.

5. Next, stir-fry the spinach for about 1-2 minutes.
    Add in a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of vinegar.

6. Add in the minced meat and stir-fry together. Add in the chilli padi.

7. When the spinach is almost ready, crack the egg on top of the spinach.
    Allow the heat from the wok and the spinach to cook the egg for awhile.

8. Slide the whole dish onto a plate slowly. This will prevent the egg yolk
    from breaking apart.

I had overcooked my spinach based on the amount of water left on the plate. Still, the dish tasted quite good. The original recipe used bacon which I will be getting for the next try. That shall be my adjustment to the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment