Saturday 14 February 2015

Miso Soup with Tofu and Century Egg

Miso soup with tofu and century egg

I was starving and wanted something fast. My taste bud was craving for something savoury. After searching through the refrigerator, I took out the half tofu left after I cooked steamed tofu the other day. The century egg on the table caught my eyes. Good! I knew immediately what I wanted to do with them.

Ingredients you need:

1. Half Silken Tofu

2. 1 century egg

3. Miso paste

4. Black pepper

5. Fried Shallots (I bought mine)

6. Chinese Parsley

7. Rice Vinegar

Steps to cook:

1. Put a bowl of water to boil or any amount that you desire. The amount of water
    should be enough to cover the tofu and century egg later.

2. Cut up the tofu and century egg into cubes or smaller pieces.


3. Scoop about a teaspoon of miso paste and place it into a bowl.


4. Once the water boils, pour it into the bowl with the miso paste. Stir to dissolve
    the paste. Add a teaspoon of vinegar. Stir the mixture again.


5. Add in the tofu and century immediately. Make sure the water cover
    all the ingredients. Allow the heat to warm up the ingredients.

6. Add a dash of black pepper.

7. Add in some fried shallots.

8. Garnish with chinese parsley.

That was my quick fix. It was delicious and satisfying. The tofu and century egg are ready to be eaten so using heat from the water to warm them up will do. Do not boil miso soup as the high heat may cause fermentation and indigestion.


No comments:

Post a Comment